A Little Christmas Bling

Post image for A Little Christmas Bling

Every year, thousands of people head to the Mall to see the National Christmas Tree. I head to La Cuisine, in Old Town Alexandria, to see the trees in the window displays, beautifully and lavishly decked with sparkly food ornaments-hundreds upon hundreds of them. Each year I purchase one (or two) to add to my own kitchen tree, a small, rather tacky fake silver feather tree that sits on a stand near our kitchen table. It’s usually the first decoration I put up; I can’t explain it, but just looking at it puts me in a festive mood. Here are a few of my favorite ornaments-some from my collection and some from La Cuisine’s displays. Enjoy the holiday bling!

Merry Christmas, Buon Natale a tutti,
Domenica

8 Responses to A Little Christmas Bling

1. Barbara @ VinoLuciStyle December 13, 2010 at 10:21 pm #

$50 later and some on the way. Orange, Wine bottle, eggplant, grapes, cake. I have such a simple theme on my tree; lots of white and silver and more white accentuated with some beautiful burgundy ornaments…these will be a perfect addition. Merry Christmas to me!

• Domenica December 13, 2010 at 10:42 pm #

You deserve that and MORE! Your tree sounds lovely. Merry Christmas, Barb

2. Liz the Chef December 13, 2010 at 11:07 pm #

Oh, too precious – I sense a new collection developing from this post. A foodie Christmas tree? Why not ?!

3. Cathy December 13, 2010 at 11:19 pm #

Love love love these ornaments. I’m giving BIG hints to Dennis. Pretty post, Domenica! Happy holidays.

4. Cristina December 13, 2010 at 11:28 pm #

Beautiful blog! These are lovely holiday ornaments – I’d like to have a tree decorated with a food theme like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

5. colleen @ foodietots December 14, 2010 at 2:16 am #

Love the idea of a kitchen tree! The Stichelton ornament I received last year is on the main tree for now, but now you have me imagining a wine & cheese tree.

6. Nisrine | Dinners & Dreams December 15, 2010 at 2:18 am #

These are some ornaments! Your love for food has made it all the way to your Christmas tree 🙂

7. Olga @ MangoTomato December 22, 2010 at 3:22 pm #

Great photos, Domenica! And such pretty ornaments. Have a great holiday season with your family.