The Family Dish: Ziti with Sausage, Spinach, and Cream

Post image for The Family Dish: Ziti with Sausage, Spinach, and Cream

I suppose my daughter, Adriana, should be writing this post, but it’s summer and she is off with her BFF on a bike ride, so the text falls to me.

The recipe is all hers. It’s an incredibly simple, flavor-packed pasta dish that she dreamed up a few weeks ago while we were in the car: Ziti wtih Chicken Sausage, Spinach, and Cream.

I asked her what made her think of it, and she just kind of shrugged and said it was a recipe she’d had in her head, in one form or another, for a while. That is the great thing about pasta; you can come up with an infinite number of delicious ways to sauce it.

To read the rest of this week’s Family Dish post, and to get the recipe for Adriana’s Ziti with Chicken Sausage, Spinach, and Cream, click over to The Washington Post’s food blog, All We Can Eat. Buon Appetito!

6 Responses to The Family Dish: Ziti with Sausage, Spinach, and Cream

1. janie June 29, 2011 at 10:39 am #

Sounds delicious and seems like you have a budding chef on your hands!

2. Domenica June 29, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

Thanks Janie. Yes, Adriana really loves to cook…though not as much as she loves hanging out with her girlfriends! ; )

3. Sarah June 29, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

Taking after mumma! She encapsulates the importance of children in the kitchen. Well done, Adriana!

• Domenica June 29, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

Thanks so much, Sarah. Now if I could only get my 14-year-old son into the kitchen…

4. Maris (In Good Taste) July 1, 2011 at 10:42 am #

Love sausage and spinach in pasta. How fun that your daughter loves to cook. I’m sure your 14 year old will come around 😉

• Domenica July 1, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Maris, thank you for your comment. My 14-yr-old would much rather be playing tennis and I can’t say I blame him. I am, however, (gradually) making him learn certain basic survival cooking skills, like how to make a decent sauce! Cheers