Post image for Mafalde with Roasted Tomatoes & Robiola, A Giant Raviolo, and Summer Pasta: A Roundup of Recent Writing

(Photo of Mafalde with Roasted Tomatoes and Robiola by France Ruffenach for Chronicle Books)

I realize it’s been more than a week since I last posted. But I promise you I have not been idle. I’ve been doing lots of writing and cooking—just not for my own blog. And the book promotion continues, too. On Saturday I’ll be signing books at the one and only Omnivore Books, in San Francisco. This will be my first time at Omnivore and as you might imagine I am champing at the bit. I’m sure there is a book or two (or three) with my name on it. Wonder if they ship?

On Monday, August 1, I’ll be speaking to students at the California Culinary Academy. I still haven’t decided whether I’m going to tell them my dirty little culinary secret.

Oh, come on. You don’t really want to know, do you?

Perhaps another day.

I had a pre-departure post all planned, but somehow the thing just wouldn’t write itself. And now it’s time to pack. So I guess it will have to become a post-departure post. Or something like that. I don’t want to leave you empty-handed so I’m sharing links to some of my recent essays, as well as recipes (including the Mafalde with Roasted Tomatoes, Robiola, and Crushed Fennel Seeds which you see in the above photo) that have appeared elsewhere. Happy reading and Buon Appetito.

Oprah.com: 4 Things We Didn’t Know About Pasta

NPR Kitchen Window: The Glorious Pasta of Summer

Leite’s Culinaria:
Ravioloni/Giant Ravioli

Washington Post All We Can Eat/The Family Dish:
Homemade Lobster Rolls

11 Responses to Mafalde with Roasted Tomatoes & Robiola, A Giant Raviolo, and Summer Pasta: A Roundup of Recent Writing

1. Barbara | Creative Culinary July 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

Sob. You are going to CA but not CO. We do have bookstores here you know; you can tie your horse up right outside too. 🙂

• Domenica August 1, 2011 at 10:34 am #

Barb, I hope to make it to CO one day. Have never been but have always wanted to go. p.s. I can’t even remember the last time I was on a horse…

2. LiztheChef July 29, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

You will LOVE Omnivore Books…best of luck – come to San Diego next trip 😉

• Domenica August 1, 2011 at 10:30 am #

Liz, you were right. I DID love Omnivore Books. That store is a gem and Celia the owner is wonderful. What a thoughtful collection of books. And yes, hope to get to southern California next time.

3. Food Lover Kathy July 31, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

Oh Domenica, I sure wish I had seen this post just a few days earlier. I would have popped into Omnivore books to see you. Next time.

• Domenica August 1, 2011 at 10:20 am #

Kathy, I wish you had seen it, too. I had forgotten that you are in San Francisco. Next time for sure.

4. Reem August 1, 2011 at 12:56 am #

Best of luck to you…… Come to LA next trip, we sure will love to have you here 🙂

• Domenica August 1, 2011 at 10:26 am #

LA for sure. A trip to southern California is definitely in order.

5. janie August 1, 2011 at 10:10 am #

I am making that raviolo! Your meal at that place sounded like the stuff dreams are made of.

• Domenica August 1, 2011 at 10:26 am #

Janie, go for it. It is a wonderful recipe, and much easier to execute than you might imagine. Enjoy, and please let me know how it turns out.

6. Jamie August 5, 2011 at 12:32 am #

When’s the book tour coming to France?

How exciting both the book tour and the traveling! It’ll be great fun! And can’t wait to read your articles – and see how to make a giant ravioli!