Master Pasta Class in Mrs. Wheelbarrow’s Kitchen!

Post image for Master Pasta Class in Mrs. Wheelbarrow’s Kitchen!

How would you like to roll up your sleeves and make some magic with flour and eggs?

On Sunday, September 9, I’ll be teaching a Master Pasta Class at the D.C. home of my friend Cathy Barrow (a.k.a. Mrs Wheelbarrow). This is a special 4-hour class in which we will be making three fresh pasta recipes from The Glorious Pasta of Italy:

* Pappardelle alla Boscaiola
* Candy-Wrapped Tortelli with Rainbow Chard and Ricotta
* Spinach Codette with Sausage and Peas

The aim of this class is to go a step (or two) beyond basic pasta-making ~ though first-time pasta makers are also welcome! I’ll be teaching techniques for rolling out, cutting, and shaping fresh egg noodles by hand. We’ll practice making a variety of shapes, both traditional and whimsical, with a focus on the three listed above. We’ll also make sauces to go with each of those shapes. And, of course, we’ll enjoy the fruits of our labor with a glass (or two) of vino.

The fee for this class is $150 and participation is limited to six students. There are a couple of spots left, so if you are in the D.C. area and would like to take your pasta-making skills to the next level (or if you are an ambitious first-time pasta maker!) please head over Cathy’s site to learn more. To register, email her directly at mrswheelbarrow@gmail.com, or email me at domenica@domenicacooks.com and I will forward it on to her.

Speaking of Glorious Pasta, I’m happy to share with you that the book was recently named one of the best single-subject cookbooks of the last 25 years by the editors of Cooking Light magazine. This is an unexpected honor and I am thrilled, to say the least! They have put up a list of their favorites on their web site. There are some delicious titles, so I hope you’ll check it out.

Grazie,
Domenica

13 Responses to Master Pasta Class in Mrs. Wheelbarrow’s Kitchen!

1. Beth (OMG! Yummy) August 17, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Green with envy and waving hello from CA! Add a video feed or better yet, come to CA and I’ll host u at my house too!

And a well-earned honor from Cooking Light! Congratulations.

• Domenica August 17, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Wouldn’t that be fun Beth! I’d love it. I may be coming out to the Golden State next year when Glorious Vegetables comes out so let’s keep it in mind! And thank you! Cheers, D

2. Fr Peter Nassetta August 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

So wish I could come! How about a session with some of your favorite priests down at Fr Chuck’s place at Lake Anna sometime? 🙂

• Domenica August 18, 2012 at 5:48 pm #

I think a session at Fr. Chuck’s place sounds great! We should plan this.

3. AdriBarr August 18, 2012 at 1:43 am #

I am with Beth (OMG! Yummy.) I too will be waving from CA. I second her suggestion of a live video feed. And I will take it a step further and suggest adding live chat. We on the west coast would love to participate! Cook along with Domenica!

• Domenica August 18, 2012 at 5:49 pm #

Or, as an alternative, maybe we can plan something for next year when the vegetable book comes out? It’s a good bet that I’ll be coming out West at some point…

4. janie August 20, 2012 at 11:08 am #

Wish I wasn’t so far away or I’d be there for sure!

• Domenica August 22, 2012 at 8:55 am #

And I wish you could be here, Janie.

5. Frank August 21, 2012 at 9:03 am #

Congratulations on the honor–and well deserved, of course!

• Domenica August 22, 2012 at 8:56 am #

Thank you Frank!

6. Jamie September 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Another jealous one here! I’ll bet the class was sensational and loads of fun and if I had been in the area I would have been there in a flash. And a HUGE congratulation on the honor from Cooking Light! And I totally agree! xo

1. Pasta Making with Domenica Marchetti — Mrs Wheelbarrow's Kitchen - August 17, 2012

[…] Domenica Marchetti is a multi talented woman – eloquent writer, glorious cook and Italian recipe interpreter and developer. If that wasn’t enough, her Glorious Pasta (a glorious book!) has just been selected by the editors of Cooking Light Magazine as one of the best single-subject cookbooks of the last 25 years . And she’s coming to my kitchen. […]

2. What We're Reading: Merits of Home Cooking, Pasta alla Norma, Pizza, CVap, Master Pasta Class, Why Food Matters - September 21, 2012

[…] Master Pasta Class- we’re definitely missing out on the whole I’ll teach you how to cook ridiculously simple foods in my home kitchen for hundreds of dollars trend, but Domenica makes beautiful pasta and her book is a real treat. […]