Postcard from Up North

Perry Hotel view  Ciao!

I’ve been on vacation for the last 10 days, which is why the blog has been silent. I love our annual trips to northern Michigan, but I admit I’m looking forward to getting back to cooking in my own kitchen. I’ll be posting new recipes soon, but for now, enjoy this view of Little Traverse Bay from Stafford’s Perry Hotel, in Petoskey, MI.

Buona domenica a tutti (happy Sunday).

p.s. Hat tip to my friend Maureen Abood, who lives in nearby Harbor Springs, MI, and often posts beautiful postcards from Up North.

9 Responses to Postcard from Up North

1. Rosa Mayland August 17, 2014 at 10:03 am #

Have a lovely time in Michigan.

Rosa

2. Alicia Sokol August 17, 2014 at 3:08 pm #

I’m on Mackinac Island right now! We stopped in Petoskey yesterday for lunch. Love it up here!

• Domenica Marchetti August 19, 2014 at 8:38 pm #

Alicia, we just took a day trip to Mackinac Island. It was a gorgeous day when we were up there. Did you bike?

• Alicia Sokol August 20, 2014 at 2:37 pm #

Yes! We also did that leisurely bike around the island and the weather was perfect. I think I ate most of what was on your list of indulgences! Definitely fudge, creamy mushroom soup, too much cherry pie and a lot of fried fish! My re-entry dish was an attempt at the eggplant “meatballs” from Trottoria Stella in Traverse. I know you have your own version in Glorious Veg! We loved them. Back to salad tomorrow. 😉 I hope you enjoyed the trip!

3. CC August 19, 2014 at 7:05 pm #

My husband and sibs have a cottage on Torch Lake and when we’re there, we go to Petoskey and Charlevoix. My parents also live in Jackson…I didn’t know you had a connection to Michigan! 🙂

• Domenica Marchetti August 19, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

Hi CC! Sometimes it seems like everyone has a Michigan connection. My husband is a Michigander/Michiganian (depending on whether you were a Free Press or News reader). We go up just about every summer. Love it.

• CC August 21, 2014 at 2:12 am #

Very cool! I’ve been dying to go back to Mackinac Island, but is seems the years are flying by! 🙁

4. Phyllis @ Oracibo August 29, 2014 at 6:46 pm #

Glad you had a great vacation!